Sustainable Holiday Tips
December 20, 2017
Did you know that Americans throw away 25% more trash during the Thanksgiving to New Year’s holiday season? That amounts to 25 million tons of garbage! // Walter P Moore Houston Green Team
- Reuse bags, boxes, tissue paper, ribbons, and wrapping paper when possible.
- Take your own dish to a potluck instead of using disposables or bring a food in a nice reusable dish and leave the dish as a gift for your host.
- Close blinds, curtains, and doors in your house to improve heating efficiency.
- Gift experiences not “things” (i.e. concert tickets, restaurant giftcards, memberships, etc.)
- Gift locally – support local businesses and items that are produced locally, and minimize the number of items you have shipped to your house.