Scott Martin, PE, LEED AP
Scott Martin is a seasoned project structural team leader with outstanding experience in leading design consulting services for significant alternate delivery projects including design-build and IPD. He has built a reputation of successful project delivery in complex and detail-oriented structure types including performing arts centers, museums, themed entertainment, and airports. His experience, leadership, and trusted client relationships specifically in the Florida higher education market has helped elevate this project type into a key market sector for Walter P Moore.
In addition to project work, he takes pride in mentoring others both within his firm and in the industry. He served as president of the Florida Structural Engineers’ Association in 2013 and will be president of the American Council of Engineering Companies of Florida in 2022. His goal with both organizations is to elevate and unify the engineering professions by collaboratively finding new ways for all to be successful.
Most recently, Scott has become a specialist in Integrative Delivery by capturing the benefits of collaboration with trade contractors to compress schedules and improve bid reliability and continuing to explore innovative benefits of working with trans-disciplinary teams. He works across the related disciplines of structural engineering, enclosure engineering, secure design, and construction engineering.
B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Florida
- Tampa International Airport – Main Terminal and Airport Concession Redevelopment, Tampa, FL
- Confidential Entertainment Land Expansion, Anaheim, CA and Orlando, FL
- Florida International University - Academic Health Center 5, Miami, FL
- Salvador Dali Museum, St. Petersburg, FL
- Florida State University - Johnston Building Addition and Renovations, Tallahassee, FL
- Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL
- Manatee County Judicial Center & Jail Building, Bradenton, FL