Karim Zulfiqar, P.E., LEED AP
Karim, Houston's Managing Director for Structural Engineering, has been with Walter P Moore since 1999. He has expertise in diversified aspects of structural engineering analysis, design, and management. Karim has also worked in complex renovations and major design-build new construction.
His wide breadth of projects includes Healthcare and Research Facilities and Education Facilities.
Master of Science, The University of Texas at Austin
- TMC3 Collaborative Research Campus
- Lester and Sue Smith Legacy Tower, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Houston Ballet Center for Dance
- Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI), Texas Children’s Hospital
- Clinical Services Wing, The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Memorial Hermann Hospital at the Woodlands
- Houston Methodist Hospital Cypress Campus
What inspired you to choose your current career path?
It was a combination of interest by seeing amazing structure and curiosity how these gets build sparked my interest in engineering field.
What is your proudest accomplishment to date?
I feel proud and satisfied with every successful project I deliver.
What gives you satisfaction in your work?
Making a difference in people’s lives.