What’s happening at Walter P Moore? Browse to see upcoming webinars and speaking engagements from our experts. Learning Unit (LU/HSW) hours may be available. Click the links below for additional details and to register.
EventsDC BEPS – A Panel Discussion on Existing Building Performance
Monday, June 5th, 2023 | 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
|Hosted by AIA DC|
Patrick Keeney, AIA, CPHC, LEED AP O+M
AIA|DC’s Building Enclosure Council (BEC-DC) is pleased to host a panel discussion on DC’s Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS), which require minimum thresholds for energy performance for existing buildings throughout the District. With the DC BEPS now into its first Cycle, this panel will aim to educate local design professionals, property managers, and building owners on lessons learned to date from Cycle 1. The panel will discuss both detailed elements specific of DC’s BEPS program, as well as the growth of Building Performance Standards happening in jurisdictions across the country. Throughout the discussion, the panel will focus on successes and challenges related to building enclosure performance as a means to support compliance with BEPS requirements. The panel consists of perspectives from the policy side, DC’s Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE) side, and design professionals, all instrumental in the implementation and delivery of these Standards.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the requirements of DC’s Building Energy Performance Standards (BEPS).
- Now into the first cycle, learn some of the successes and challenges that DC buildings have faced relating to DC’s BEPS requirements.
- Hear how Building Performance Standards (BPS) are being adopted across the country, including the various compliance metrics being utilized, the types and size of buildings required to comply, and the jurisdictions adopting them.
- Understand how the building enclosure fits into the BEPS requirements and how building professionals can improve building enclosure performance to support BEPS compliance.
- Theresa Backhus, Director of Building Innovation Hub, Institute for Market Transformation
- Cristine Gibney, Energy Program Analyst, Department of Energy & Environment
- Roger Chang, Principal, Buro Happold
Credit: 1.0 HSW, LU
Tools for Environmental Optimization
Wednesday, June 28th, 2023 | 1:30 PM – 2:10 PM PST
|Hosted by Tech Plus|
Laura Karnath, AIA
In this roundtable, a diverse group of AEC professionals, including, Sophie Pennetier from SCI-Arc, Laura Karnath, technical designer at Walter P Moore, and Kathleen Hetrick, sustainability engineer at Buro Happold will discuss the latest in technology for environmental optimization. Attendees will come away with a knowledge of the cutting edge tools they can bring to their own practice to develop high performance buildings through energy modelling and whole building lifecycle analysis
- Sophie Pennetier, Director of Special Projects Enclosure, SCI-Arc
- Kathleen Hetrick, Associate, Buro Happold
Questions? Please contact our Marketing team.
Interested in having Walter P Moore present a session to your company? Contact us!